What You Should Be Reading…Now
Sorry for the absence, but I’m back to jump start this little feature that’s gone dormant since I started posting at True/Slant.
Here’s the picks for this week:
- John H. Richardson’s eye-opening, two part series on the “birther” movement over at Esquire’s website
- David L. Ulin’s meditation on the pleasures of reading in the Los Angels Times
- John Seabrook’s investigation into the practices of Ticketmaster in The New Yorker (behind the paywall)
- Ta-Nehisi Coates on the perils of opinion writing at his Atlantic blog
- This deeply disturbing piece from Michael Joseph Gross in GQ about online sexual extortion in a small Wisconsin town
- This post from the Columbia Journalism Review on what was right (and wrong) about Matt Taibbi’s take down of Goldman Sachs.